In Mum’s good books podcast
Nikki Sims-Chilton is your host and talks to Mums about what they are reading and what they recommend you read – knowing that you don’t have a lot of time for reading (or for standing around in a shop selecting a book for that matter).
Grab your clean washing and start folding while you listen to me chat with some amazing Mums. Pending chaotic life as a Mum, expect a new episode each fortnight.
Happy reading (and listening)!
For Android users, also available on: Stitcher, Downcast, iCatcher, Overcast, Pocket Casts and Podcast Addict.
Any questions or comments about the shows? Email me – nikki @ inmumsgoodbooks.com.au
Episode 10 – Live! On the couch with Kylie Kaden.
Kylie Kaden and I were invited by the Kingston East Neighbourhood Group to have a live chat in front of an audience at the Annerley Community Bookshop in Brisbane. Not only do you hear me interviewing Kylie, there were some great questions from the audience!
Here are some links from our chat:
- Kylie’s website
- Losing Kate and Missing You by Kylie Kaden
- Liane Moriarty
- Marian Keyes
- JoJo Moyes
- Jane Harper
- Hannah Kent
- Michael Robotham
- Queensland Writers Centre
Kylie is offering a FREE Beginner Writers’ Course. It is being held at Arana Hills Library Tuesday evening 23rd October 2018, 6:00 – 7:30pm. Registrations open 2nd August vie Moreton Bay Library Council website.
Episode 9 – Jode Warke tells us how you can get free* books
Jode’s book list:
- Return to Roseglen by Helene Young
- Rachel Johns’ Online Bookclub
- The Rules of Backyard Croquet by Sunni Overend
- Blood Tree River by Sarah Barrie
- Jayne Eyre by Charlottle Bronte
- Finding Hannah by Fiona McCallum
- Making Peace by Fiona McCallum
- Little Women by Louisa Alcott
- Hot Dog, Wierdo, Ninja Kid by Anh Do
- Karly Lane
- Up the Duff and Kid Wrangling by Kaz Cooke
- Buddhism for Mothers by Sarah Napthali
- The Greatest Gift by Rachel Johns
Episode 8 – Living a rich live with books and Michelle House
Michelle’s book list:
- Behind Her Eyes by Sarah Pinborough
- Let Me Lie by Claire McIntosh
- Essence of the Bhagavad Gita by Eknath Easwaran
- Where is the Green Sheep by Mem Fox
- Dr Suess
- The Famous Five by Enid Blyton
- The Fault in our Stars by John Green
- Animal Farm by George Orwell
- The Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield
- Harry Potter series by JK Rowling
You can find Michelle at Rich Living with Michelle House or on her podcast: High Vibes at 5.55 – on your favourite podcast app.
Episode 7!! You can’t be what you can’t see – great advice from my guest Bec McIntosh.
Bec’s book list:
- Mornings in Jenin by Susan Abulhawa
- The Lean Startup by Eric Ries
- Traction by Justin Mares
- Liane Moriarty
- The Gift by Celia Ahern
- Dougal the Garbage Dump Man by Matt Dray
- Tappity Tap what was that? by Claire Freedman
- 39 Story Treehouse by Andy Griffiths
- Anh Do
- The Bad Guys by Aaron Blabey
- Tin Tin
Maretta talks about these books:
- The Shell Seekers by Rosamunde Pilcher
- Five Go Parenting: Enid Blyton for Grownups by Bruno Vincent
- Breath by Tim Winton
- Mao’s Last Dancer by Li Cunxin (pronounced Lee Schwin Sing)
- The Tomorrow Book by Jackie French
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon
In Episode 5, I chat with Mumpreneur Melissa Somerville about books and her journey through fashion.
- The Curated Closet by Anuschka Rees
- The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo
- The First Casualty and Blind Faith by Ben Elton
- The Paper Dolls and What the Ladybird Heard by Julia Donaldson
- Fairweather Sisters series by Anya Wild
- The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion
- Fat Chance by Nick Spalding
In Episode 4, I chat with my sister-in-law Anna Ward. We were sitting around the campfire on a cold April evening – eating chocolate and drinking tea – what we do best! Here are the books which we may or may not have mentioned by title…. we forgot a few titles and authors!
- Anne of Green Gables by L Montgomery
- The Very Cranky Bear – Nick Bland series
- The Way Back by Kylie Ladd
- Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom
- Rosie’s Hat by Julia Donaldson
- Where is the Green Sheep? by Mem Fox
- The Secrets of Midwives by Sally Hepworth
- The Light Between Oceans by ML Steadman
- The Husband’s Secret by Liane Moriarty